PROGRAMMES & OBJECTIVES
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
VISITING AND EMERITUS RESOURCE FACULTY
STUDENTS @ SMASL
TRAINING & EXTENSION PROGRAMMES
PAST & UPCOMING EVENTS
School of Military Affairs, Strategy and Logistics
Value added and Certification Programmes
Vision & Mission
Emerge as a Premier Centre of Knowledge – University of National Importance, for International and National Stakeholders Seeking Peaceful, Prosperous and Stable World Order
To identify, prepare and sustain statecraft of national strategic and security culture through continuous enhancement and development of educational, research and training cadres from the military and civilian society.
Programmes and objective
- Bachelors in Defence and Strategic Studies
- Post Graduate in Defence and Strategic Studies
- PhD in Defence and Strategic Studies
- Specialised Courses for Armed Forces (Through Training Institutions)
- Statecraft, War and Strategy
- Peace Keeping
- Special Operations
- Defence Intelligence
- Military Technology
- Defence Acquisition
- Military History and Media
- Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism
- Military Legal Studies
About School of Military Affairs, Strategy and Logistics
School of Military Affairs, Strategy and Logistics (SMASL)
The School of Military Affairs, Strategy and Logistics (SMASL) carries out academic, research and training programs in the field of defence, strategy, and security studies. SMASL provides an opportunity to study war from a multi-disciplinary perspective, from statecraft to strategy, deterrence and warfighting, strategic leadership and communication, military technology and capability development, military history and media.
To begin with, SMASL is currently conducting the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Programme in Defence and Strategic Studies and a practioners’ PhD program. SMASL will help the participants to develop skills that will enhance employability, aid professional-career development and help preparation for postgraduate studies and research. SMASL is engaging in applied research in the domain of defence and strategic studies aligned with requirements of policy makers and military organisations.
In its pursuit for excellence, SMASL will develop close relationships with military training institutions, other academic institutions, defence industry, industry bodies, research and development organisations, think-tanks, and policy-making bodies in India and around the world. In collaboration with military training institutions, SMASL is curating specific certificate, diploma and degree programs, designed for professional military education of the armed forces.
An underlying theme in the functioning of SMASL is the promotion of gender balance in security professions. Specific initiatives are under consideration to promote international cooperation in collaboration with the UN and the BIMSTEC, ASEAN and SCO.
Mr. Prateek Patel
School Registrar cum Admin Officer
Visiting /Emeritus Resource Faculty
Mr Anant Amdekar
Emeritus Resource Faculty
Lt Gen (Dr.) Nitin Gadkari
Emeritus Resource Faculty
Prof (Dr.) Shekhar Adhikari
- Expert Lecture on “India-China Standoff” on 25th November 2020.
- Expert lecture by Lt Gen Subrata Saha on 02 December
- Expert lecture on Career as a Security Analyst by Dr. L. Venkateswaran on 11th December 2020
- Expert lecture by Lt Gen Subrata Saha
STUDENTS @ SMASL
- Ajay AK
- Barot Hetkumar Panikajbhai
- Chande Priyankaben Dhanjibhai
- Chauhan Mihir Rajnikantbhai
- Chudasama Pavan Kamlesh
- Esha Sharma
- Jadav Rachitkumar Maheshbhai
- Jadeja Nishaba Rajendrasinh
- Jani Nilang Pareshkumar
- Kapadiya Pooja Jayantibhai
- Kinley Wangchuk
- Maheshwari Chintan Dinesh
- Maheshwari Poonambahen Masheshbhai
- Makwana Adarshkumar Laljibhai
- Mali Varun Sanjaybhai
- Mane Kareena Pradeeprao
- Manglia Pradeep Poonambhai
- Modhvadiya Sagar Lakhman
- Nakum Vivek Lalji
- Palas Priyankaben Rajeshbhai
- Parmar Jaykumar Jagdishbhai
- Patel Mankumar Kalpeshbhai
- Pillai Rohit Prasad
- Rabari Vishalbhai Jagmalbhai
- Rajput Prabhatji Jasvantji
- Rana Prachi Pushpendra Rana
- Rathod Devalsinh Ashoksinh
- Shekhawat Kunal Manipal
- Shiyal Kishor Bharatbhai
- Sisodiya Hardevsinh Vikramsinh
- Sodha Shailendrasinh Sarpaji
- Thumar Yatharth Vrajeshbhai
- Tiwari Chandramauli Ramakant
- Trivedi Tulsiben Daksheshkumar
- Vasava Jaineshbhai Vishnubhai
- Vishal Kumar Meena
TRAINING AND EXTENSION PROGRAMMES
Certificate & Training Programmes
- Certificate Programme on Military History and Media
- Certificate Programme on Political Warfare
- Certificate Programme on Hybrid Warfare
- Certificate Programme on Military History and Media Courses
- Training Programme for Personality Development
- Training Programme for Service Selection Board Coaching Programme
- Training Programme in Disruptive Military Technology
- Training Programme in Algorithmic Warfare
- Training Programme for Political Warfare
- Training Programme on Defence Acquisition Practises in India and Foreign Countries
- Training Programme on Special Operations
- Training Programme on Peace Keeping
- EME School Vadodara
- Centre for Advance Defence Studies and Integrated Logistics
- Centre for Peacekeeping
- Personality Development Centre
To begin with the School of Military Affairs, Strategy and Learning (SMASL) will provide the following programs: –
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Defence and Strategic Studies(Honours/Regular Course) – Three years.
- Post Graduate Diploma in National Security and Military Affairs – One year.
- Certificate Course in Statecraft, War and Strategy.
- Certificate Course in Military Technology.
- Certificate Course in Defence Acquisition.
- Certificate Course in Military History and Media.
- Certificate Course in Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism
- Certificate Course in Military Legal Studies.
Progressively the School will provide Post Graduate Degree Programme in Defence and Strategic Studies, M Phil, Ph D and other specialised diploma and certificate courses in the same domain. Like wise bridge programs that could facilitate career entry and career transition will be progressively introduced.
SMASH will undertake extension programs in Schools for promoting national security with a view to shape young minds and enhance intake into the security forces. Emphasis on participation of girl students is imperative.
The programs will be conducted by a lean core faculty comprising four to five members drawn from professionals in the domain. Extensive utilisation of guest speakers, workshop, seminars and online tools will be made. Facility for distance education with minimum essential contact programs particularly for in-service members will be worked out.
Opportunities will be provided for the students to take part in immersion programs to get first hand knowledge of operating environment and perspectives of the security forces.
Nature of Participants and Benefits
The programs will help the participants to develop skills that will enhance employability, aid professional-career development, career transition and postgraduate studies and research. The programs are designed to benefit:
- Students seeking careers in security forces including defence and military forces, intelligence services.
- Students seeking career in think-tanks and research institutions.
- Extension course for National Cadet Corps.
- Professionals in defence industries and research and development agencies.
- Journalists seeking specialisation in national security and defence.
- In service officers, JCOs and Other ranks in the armed forces and the paramilitary forces to develop expertise by gaining recognition and building upon their professional military courses.
- Indian Foreign Service, Indian Administrative and Allied Services involved in National Security assignments.
- Procurement executives/officials in the MoD, MHA, Indian Defence Accounts Services, DRDO, DPSU, OFB and industry.
- Veterans and potential veterans from the armed forces and the paramilitary forces seeking career transition into defence industry, academia, think-tanks.
Research Internship Opportunity:
SMASL in Media
Rashtriya Raksha University,
Lavad, Dahegam, Gandhinagar – 382305
Phone No. – 079-68126800, Extn – 260