ABOUT THE SCHOOL
EMERITUS RESOURCE FACULTY
EXTENSION, TRAINING & RESEARCH
School of Foreign Affairs, Languages and Political Economy
Why study Foreign Affairs and Political Economy?
Foreign Affairs involves matters having to do with international relations and with the interests of the home country, i.e. India, in foreign countries. As India’s stature grows in the international community, its foreign affairs will become increasingly important and will have significant implications for every sphere of national policy. Political economy studies the relationship that forms between a nation’s population and its government when public policy is enacted. It is, therefore, the result of the interaction between politics and economy. India’s economy is growing at a consistent pace and the world is eyeing its market potential. Hence studying the interplay between the political system and economy will be crucial in the times ahead.
Why Study Languages?
Studying a language that has strategic importance from an Indian National Security perspective will add another key dimension to an Individual’s skills. This will lead to enhanced employment opportunities. It will bridge the gap between cultures and enable a better understanding of other indigenous perspectives. As technology and globalisation accentuates a world where movement of people and services is becoming increasingly borderless, learning a language will facilitate effective communication
- Only Security Institution in the country offering Domain knowledge combined with Language proficiency (in an Area of Interest) in International Relations, Foreign Affairs, Political Economy and National Security.
- Customized short duration programs for Security and Business professionals.
- Regular Internships with Government and Non-Government Institutions for on-field analysis complimenting classroom learning.
- Reputed experts with significant practical experience as Emeritus Resource Faculty.
- Emphasis on Languages of key geographies from an Indian National Security Perspective.
- Deep insights into the Culture, Literature, Society and History of these key geographies
- Taught by native speakers and supported by Indian faculty
- Strengthen proficiency in key strategic Indian and Foreign languages for Interpretation and Translation services.
- Develop subject matter experts with language specialisation who can join Academic institutions and train the next generation of strategic experts.
- Enhance awareness on matters of Foreign Policy, Political Economy and Internal Security.
- Facilitate students’ in preparing for competitive exams to join Government services at the State and Central level.
- Adopt an India focused syllabus for the Master of Arts and Doctorate programs.
- Key focus on the external dimensions of Foreign Affairs and Political Economy and its implications for India’s Internal Security.
- Impart a good balance of practical skills required on the ground and a strong foundation in theory required for recognizing trends in the long term.
- Create a strong cadre of Security and Non-Security Interpreters and Translators in key strategic languages.
About School of Foreign Affairs, Languages and Political Economy (SFALPE )
- Offers Masters programs in International Relations, Foreign Affairs, Political Economy and National Security
- Offers Graduate and Masters Programs in Select Foreign Languages.
- Unique syllabus with specific focus on the external dimensions to India’s internal security in the context of its foreign policy in key strategic geographies.
- Pedagogy will involve rigorous training in subject matter and strengthening proficiency in select foreign languages.
- Facilitate subject matter expertise along with language specialisation of key geographies impacting India’s National Security.
Proposed Programs for Academic Year 2021-22
- M.A/M.Sc. in International Relations and Security Studies (with Language specialization)
- Integrated (5 years) Master’s Programme in Chinese Studies (Language)
- Diploma (9 months) in Chinese Language for Security and Business Professionals
- Integrated (5 years) Master’s Programme in Russian Studies (Language)
- Diploma (9 months) in Russian Language for Security and Business Professionals
- Integrated (5 years) Master’s Programme in Arabic Studies (Language)
- Diploma (9 months) in Arabic Language for Security and Business Professionals
- Diploma (6 months) in Neighbourhood Affairs and India’s National Security (with basic proficiency in Neighbourhood languages)
- Diploma (6 months) in Indo-Pacific and India’s National Security
- Diploma (6 months) in West Asia and India’s National Security (with basic proficiency in Arabic Language)
- Ms. Wang Chiehyu, Talk on “Living in India” for Department of Medicinal and Applied Chemistry of Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan, 3rd March 2021.
- Dr. L. Venkateswaran, Talk on “The ‘Right’ in Writing”, Research Methods Workshop for Central Reserve Police Force Officers, Rashtriya Raksha University, February 25th, 2021
- Dr. Akhilesh Kumar Upadhyay, Talk on ” Health, Hygiene, and Yoga” Combined Annual Training Camp organised by the National Cadet CorpsUnits 1 Gujarat Girls Battalion and Gujarat 1 Arty Bty at Rashtriya Raksha University on 15th February 2021.
- Dr. L. Venkateswaran, Talk on “Career as a Security Analyst”, School of Military Affairs, Strategy and Logistics, Rashtriya Raksha University, December 11th, 2020.
- Three weeks Online Certificate Course for Intensive Mandarin (Chinese)
Date- 3rd August to 21st August 2020
Total Participants- 04
Resource Faculty- Prof. Yinghuei Chen
- Two Weeks Online Certificate Course on ‘India and its Neighbourhood’
Date: 27th October- 7th November 2020
Total Participants- 40
Resource Faculties – Mr. Tilak Devasher, Mr. Michael Kugelman, Mr. Asanga Abeyagoonasekera, Amb. Vijay Gokhale, Prof. Manish, Prof. Priyankar Upadhyay, Amb. Sujan Chinoy , Mr. Krishna Verma, Dr. Constantino Xavier, Amb. Goutam Bambawale, Colonel Rohit Dev.
- Super Intensive Online Certificate Course in Six Languages (Arabic, English, Hindi, Mandarin, Russian, Urdu)
Date: 13th February to 7th March 2021
Total Participants- 35
Resource Faculty- All are Native Speakers
Rashtriya Raksha University,
Lavad, Dahegam, Gandhinagar – 382305
Phone No. – 079-68126800 – 602