AIM & OBJECTIVES
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
VISITING AND EMINENT SPEAKERS
PAST & UPCOMING EVENTS
- To impart industry-relevant skills and knowledge in the domains of Engineering and Applied Sciences – leading to robust innovation and creation of greater opportunities for individual employment in internal security and allied domains.
- Be the rostrum for students to find and implement innovative solutions to India’s internal security challenges.
- Prepare an ecosystem for embarking on Industry 4.0 leading to Industry 5.0
- To create an academic structure relevant and aligning with the current and prospective requirements of the industry and India’s internal security.
- To impart teaching and training in the Applied Sciences and their current advances with a view to increase creativity, innovation, and problem-solving abilities.
- To curate academic, training, and extension programs aiming to provide opportunities to up-skill and lifelong professional development to in-service and retired security personnel.
Aim & Objectives
- To offer academic, training, and extension programmes rooted in the current and prospective needs of the industry.
- To focus on enhancing practical skills and research abilities and not merely theoretical abstraction.
- To remain in close nexus with the industry-experts and domain-experts to gauge the relevance of the programmes offered and design new programmes accordingly.
School of Applied Sciences, Engineering, and Technology
The School of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (SASET) will offer academic,
research, training, and extension programmes that equip the students with industry-relevant
skills and knowledge, to help them excel in Industry 4.0 as well as be prepared for the needs
of Industry 5.0. Considering the dynamic nature of such programmes, the faculty of SASET
would comprise of not only highly qualified academicians but also practitioners, industry
experts, and entrepreneurs. Its curricula and pedagogy would be oriented as per the
prevalent and foreseeable demands of the industry and job-market. SASET will also identify
and optimise the potential of innovative minds in the country for social innovation and
The National Educational Policy, 2020 (NEP) envisages the integration of vocational education programmes into mainstream higher educational institutions either on their own or in partnership with industry and NGOs. NEP also promotes short-term certificate courses in various skills including soft skills and incubation centres at higher education institutes in partnership with industries – for robust innovation and creation of greater opportunities for individual development. SASET’s vision and mission align with these aspects of the NEP.
Centre for Earth and Space Science Informatics
The Centre for Earth and Space Science Informatics will focus on transdisciplinary technology and
developments in terrestrial and space systems, including atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere,
geosphere, and outer space. At the outset, it will facilitate academic, research, and training
programmes on geospatial technology. It strives to develop technology and offer technological
solutions to the real-world spatial challenges of citizens and security organizations. It will also focus
on emerging and future technologies essential for nation-building.
- Innovation areas
- Sensor Development (including IoT)
- Algorithm Development
- Software Development
- Key areas of focus
- Digital image processing
- Remote Sensing
- Data Science
- Machine learning
- Navigation System
Centre for High Performance Computing & Quantum Technology
Advanced computing technologies are leading the world in innovation and research. This Centre aims to create an ecosystem for research and innovation in High Performance Computing and Quantum Computing with a focus on application in national security and allied domains. It will facilitate various academic, training, extension and research programs in the domains of quantum technologies, high performance computing, learning systems and advanced computing. SASET, with strategic partnerships with domain experts like the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), will enable students and researchers to innovate and carry out research with a focus on national security leading towards a technically advanced and secure nation.
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation
Innovation is at the heart of the School of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. To facilitate the innovation process and to provide academic support to innovators, the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation will provide the rostrum for individual development and research ecosystem for the development of their innovations. Innovation spreads across multiple disciplines and domains; therefore, an interdisciplinary approach is needed. The Centre, through its various programs, will support the innovators in the domains ancillary to their innovation, which will not only help them with better understanding of the subject-matters of their innovation, but also will gain the skills and knowledge to sustain their innovations.
- Soon to be announced
- Training program on Applied Data Analytics.
Visiting and Eminent Speakers
PAST & UPCOMING EVENTS