AIMS & OBJECTIVES
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
VISITING AND EMINENT SPEAKERS
STUDENTS @ SCMASS
TRAINING & EXTENSION PROGRAMMES
PAST & UPCOMING EVENTS
The Vision and Mission of School of Coastal, Maritime, Air and Space Security (SCMASS) is to become a leading nodal School of excellence in teaching, research, training and extension activities in the area of Coastal, maritime, air and space studies:
- To assist national security and intelligence agencies in coastal and maritime security studies.
- To become a school of excellence in executive trainings.
- To become a National Think Tank by providing policy oriented research and fill up the gap of quality research on the contemporary issues.
Aims and objectives
- To be equipped with knowledge on contemporary advanced issues and practices of coastal, maritime, air and space security related developments.
- To identify legal, policy and governance issues interfacing the security issues in the areas of coastal, maritime, air and space economy.
- To acquire and disseminate sound understanding of roles and responsibilities of coast guard protection forces, blue water navies, air force, marine police and space industry in the development of national coastal, maritime, air and space security industry.
About School of Coastal, Maritime, Air and Space Security
India is exposed to multiple coastal, maritime, air and space security challenges pursuant to its long coastline, geographical position and rising importance of coastal and maritime in the strategic theatre internationally. We at SCMASS seek to explore and assess the trajectory of law, policy and governance systems affecting this strategic space at national, regional and international level. SCMASS with its resources and experiences seeks to provide excellent academic, research and training support to national agencies in ensuring national coastal, maritime, air and space security.
About the school
Ms. Rukhsar Munshi
Visiting / Eminent Speakers
|Maritime Research Center||Indian-Navy||ICRC|
|National Maritime Foundation|
- LLM International Maritime Security Law and Governance Know more
Academic and Research Activities
- Executive training course on coastal surveillance and security, July 2020.
- Online executive course on maritime security, July 2020 onwards.
- National primer on maritime security of India, August 2020.
- RRU International Maritime Security Academy (RIMSA), September 2020.
- Capacity building programme on coastal surveillance and security, October 2020.
- RRU International Academy on Air and Space Security(RIAASS), January 2021.
- Research activities on cutting edge issue in the area of maritime, air and space security studies.
Research Internship Opportunity:
Students undergoing any degree course and having research interest in the areas of national maritime, air and space security issues and various developments may apply for internship with RRU School of Coastal, Maritime, Air and Space Security (SCMASS) by sending an email (email@example.com) along with brief curriculum vitae, statement of motivation and area of research interest. Student intern may be offered the slots of internship purely on the basis of availability, needs and selection by Dean (SCMASS).
SPECIAL PROJECTSRegistration Link
Professional Development Programme for Security Personnel
The Professional Development Programme was specifically designed in sssociation with Tourism Corporation of Gujarat keeping in view the needs of various security forces and their requirements on the skill development specifically destination awareness (place of deployment) for providing better security cover to tourists. The course also focuses on continuing skill up-gradation and enhancement of our security personnel’s throughout their services. The Programme was conducted in three batches for Gujarat Police, Rapid Action Force and Central Reserve Police Force.
Participants: 50 Police Officers of Inspector and Sub-Inspector rank from 22 districts of Gujarat
Dates: 17th -19th August 2020.
Venue: Rashtriya Raksha University, Lavad, Dehgam, Gandhinagar.
Rapid Action Force
Participants: 84 Officers of various ranks from Rapid Action Force 100th Battalion
Venue: RAF, 100th Battalion, Vastral Ahmedabad
Date: 20th-22nd August, 2020.
Central Reserve Police Force
Participants: 52 Officers of various ranks from Central Reserve Police Force
Venue: CRPF Group Centre, Gandhinagar.
Date: 24th -26th August, 2020.
STUDENTS @ SCMASS
Students of various programmes at SCMASS enjoys world class academic and research exposure and environment. Students of SCMASS get practical insights of industry from renowned industry experts. All the programmes at SCMASS are of global standards.
TRAINING AND EXTENSION PROGRAMMES
- Executive Training course on Coastal Surveillance and Security.
- Online Faculty Development cum Professional Development Programme in International Maritime Security Law and Governance
- National Primer on Maritime Security of India.
- Capacity building programme on coastal surveillance and security.
- RRU International Maritime Security Academy (RIMSA).
- RRU International Academy on Air and Space Security (RIAASS).