ONLINE RESOURCES & TOOLS
At a glance!
Electronic Databases / eResources
Floor Area in sq. ft.
Reading Area Capacity
About RRU Library
The Rashtriya Raksha University Library is invaluable source of information for students, faculty members, researchers and other stakeholders of the University. The library has specialised collection of books in various subjects related to Policing and National Security. Keeping in mind technological advancement, library provides access to digital resources in the form of CDs/DVDs, specialised electronic database including EBSCO Criminal Justice Abstract with Fulltext”, Manupatra, GLHEL (The_Laws_Super) and South Asia Archive.
- Printed Books 10,425
- Printed Periodicals including Journals/Magazines/Newspapers 30
- Electronic Databases / e-Resources 24
- e-Books 510665
- e-Journals 4351
- e-Periodicals including e-Magazines, e-Journals and e-Newspapers 5106
- e-Conference Proceedings 9864
- Audio/Video contents 209
- Other e-Literature 1020170
- Users (Students, Faculty, Researchers & Staff) 800
- Floor Area in sf 4300
- Reading Area Capacity 120
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
- OATD: Open Access Theses and Dissertations: The best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Directory of Open Access Repositories
- WorldWide Science is a global science gateway—accelerating scientific discovery and progress through a multilateral partnership to enable federated searching of national and international scientific databases and portals
- OGD: Open Government Data Platform – is a platform for supporting Open Data initiative of Government of India
- National Digital Library of India (NDL)
- World Digital Library – Search 19,147 items about 193 countries between 8000 BCE and 2000
- Advocate Khoj – helps you to connect with qualified advocates in the best possible manner
- Freee-books:Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks
- India Kanoon –Search engine for India Law
- Bookboon: Download free e-books
- Chartered Secretary (ICSI) – e Journal for executives and professional students
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics)
- Indian Academy of Science Journals
- NISCAIR Journals
- Indian National Science Academy Journal
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- SCIRP: Scientific Research Publishing – Scientific Research Publishing is an academic publisher with more than 200 open access journal in the areas of science, technology and medicine
- Shodhganga– Indian Electronic Theses and Dissertations
The University has constituted Library Committee for smooth functioning of the Library. The Library Committee deals with important aspects including collection development, library budget, staff development etc. and to advise University on library related matters.
- Dr. L. Venkateswaran
- Col. Deepak Joshi
- Ms. Richa Sharma
- Mr. Pragneshkumar Parekh
- Ms. Seemita Somani
For any query pertaining to Library Committee, please contact email@example.com
RRU Library has specialised collection of more than 9909 books in various subjects related to Policing and National Security. Apart from these, library has good collection related to Literature, Crime Fictions, Health & Fitness, Personality Development and Competitive Examination.
- Police Administration & Policing
- IT & Cyber Security
- Forensic Science
- Criminal Law
- Military & Defence
- Maritime & Costal Security
- Terrorism & Naxalism
- Physical Education, Sports, Yoga & Fitness
The library subscribes periodicals including Journals, Magazines and Newspapers to provide insights into recent developments in the respective domains. The Library also has more than 200 Students Projects, Dissertations and Theses.
Online Resources & Tools
- ACM Digital Library: The ACM Digital Library is a vast collection of citations and full text from ACM journal and newsletter articles and conference proceedings. It includes 4,00,000 Full-text Articles, 450+ Conference Proceedings Volumes added each year, 44+ High Impact Journals, 2,500+ Proceedings volumes in the digital archive, 13 Magazines.
- Brill eBooks: International Law Collection includes access to more than 1270 titles covering a variety of topics on International Law, Human Rights, Criminal Justice, and Maritime etc.
- EBSCO Criminal Justice Absctract with Fulltext: Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text is the leading full-text database for criminal justice and criminology research. It provides hundreds of top journals and magazines covering all related subjects including criminology, forensic sciences, corrections, policing, criminal law and investigation.
- EBSCO eBooks Academic Collection: EBSCO eBooks Academic Collection which includes around 3 Lakh eBooks in various subjects like Military Science, Naval Science, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Political Science, Technology and many more from well-known press like Yale University Press, Oxford University Press, Harvard University Press, Cambridge University Press, MIT Press, University of California Press and many others.
- Edzter: Edzter is a digital reading platform of more than 5000 magazines, newspapers and journals of multiple disciplines and languages. It provides web base and app base access from RRU Campus network. User may access the resource by registering themselves using email id.
- e-Vidya (Sage eBooks): RRU Library is having perpetual access to e-Vidya and e-Vidya Bhasha (Hindi) Collection-2021 of total 239 Sage eBooks which includes 111 titles from Social Science Collection, 11 titles from Non-fiction Collection, 14 titles from Business & Management Collection and 103 titles from e-Vidya Bhasha Hindi collection.
- Foreign Policy: This source publishes articles, news, analysis, podcasts, opinion and analysis in the domain of foreign affairs, politics and international relations. It also includes access to digital PDF archive to all its previous issues of print magazine “Foreign Policy”. For access to this resource please contact Library staff. (for credentials)
- Human Kinetics Library: Human Kinetics Library covers collection of more than 150 market-leading eBooks from Human Kinetics Publishing, including textbooks, supplementary monographs and materials for practitioners. It also includes over 200 videos including demonstrations of exercise movements and explanations of key physical activity concepts.
- IA Reporter: It is an excellent resource base for all arbitration reports, news reports including some of the cases where our national economic security is also affected. It contains online reports, articles and analysis relating to foreign investment protection, dispute resolution and policy making.
- IEEE Computer Society Digital Library: IEEE Computer Society Digital Library collection is a part of IEEE Xplore and containts Over 7,70,000 top-quality computing Articles & papers from 41 IEEE Computer Society Periodicals and more than 8,864 Annual Conference proceedings.
- Janes Defence Weekly: It is an e-Magazine containing defence related updates. For access to this resource, please contact Library Staff for credentials.
- JSTOR eBooks: JSTOR eBooks contains premium high quality books from various renowned societies and renowned publishers (List attached) on a variety of subjects which will fulfill the requirement of an entire Ebook library at a very economical price.
- JSTOR eJournals: JSTOR contents more than 2,600 top scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. JSTOR works with a diverse group of nearly 1,200 publishers from more than 57 countries to preserve and make their content digitally available.
- JSTOR Security Studies Collection: This is collection of ejournals of Security Studies.
- Manupatra: Manupatra is the comprehensive online legal research database in India, consisting of Judgments across all subjects of law from Supreme Court, all High Courts and Tribunals, exhaustive repository of Central Acts and Rules, Notifications and Circulars, largest collection of State Acts and Notifications, apart from host of other information with cross-references.
- ProQuest Academic Complete eBooks: ProQuest Academic Complete offers access to more than 2,00,000+ multidisciplinary eBooks with unlimited, multi-user access, powerful research tools and DRM-free chapter downloads.
- South Asia Archive: The South Asia Archive provides online access to millions of pages of rare primary and secondary sources from across the social sciences and humanities. This resource is provided through INFLIBNET Centre under ESS Scheme.
- SSC Online: SSC Online Database is a legal content resource provides by Eastern Book Company Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
- T&F ForensicNetBase: This is collection of more than 190 eBooks titles in the area on Forensic Science. Featuring works by esteemed criminologists and forensic practitioners, this unparalleled e-library boasts an ever-growing number of essential references on crisis management and negotiation methods, arson and homicide investigation, expert witnessing, forensic pathology and toxicology, and cyber crime.
- Taylor & Francis eJournals: This journal package has total 1076 e-journals in Social Science, Humanities, Law, Defence, Criminology etc. This subscription is available through INFLIBNET ESS package at the negotiated rates.
- The Diplomat: The Diplomat is the premier international current-affairs magazine for the Asia-Pacific region. It provides expert coverage on Geo-political trends throughout the Asia-Pacific, Defense and intelligence, Environment, human security and development and Arts, social trends and popular culture.
- The Laws Super: It is an interactive database on Indian Laws which covers Acts, Judgments on Indian Laws, Rules, Regulations, Orders, Notifications, Schemes etc. of Indian Government and all State Governments.(credentials for access)
- RemoteXs: It is a web-based access tool for libraries digital resources from anywhere.
- Urkund Anti-Plagiarism Tool: URKUND provides a fully automated system for handling plagiarism. URKUND automatically checks the submitted text for plagiarism, which encourages original writing amongst students and corporate writers. It works as a preventive measure to stop plagiarism and copying at the very root and safeguard originality and transparency.Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for checking document or more details.
Contact email@example.com for checking document or more details.
No Resources available on Trial base at present.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for checking document or more details.
We cater to wide range of users like under-graduate and post-graduate students, research scholars, faculty members and staff of the University. Besides conventional library services like issue, return and reference services, we also provide services like literature search, online document delivery email alert services.
We also encourage our users to make maximum use of quality open access resources. We also conduct on demand Information Literacy session for students, research scholars and faculty member.
We have subscribed to an anti-plagiarism tool called Urkund, which helps us in publishing quality research. The library provides following services to the member community.
- Circulation (Issue, Return, Membership etc.)
- Reference and Information (Information Search & Retrieval)
- Database Search Service
- Current Awareness Service
- Newspaper Clippings
- E-mail alert Services
- Electronic Document Delivery Services
- Information Literacy Session (On Demand)
|Venue||Days||Working Hours||Circulation (Issue-Return)|
|RRU Library Building||Office Working Days||09:00 to 16:40 hrs||09:30 to 16:30 hrs|