Phone No. – 9601060618
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Area – Women Empowerment, Sociology
About Dr. Pranjali S. Dighe
Dr. Pranjali S. Dighe obtained her master’s degree in Social Management from Centre for
Studies in Social Management, School of Social Sciences, Central University of Gujarat,
Gandhinagar and Ph.D. from Calrox Teachers University, Ahmedabad. Her professional
experiences spans government institutions. Prior to joining the faculty at Raksha Shakti
University, she was Senior Project Associate cum Consultant at Gujarat Social
Infrastructure Development Society, Government of Gujarat where she has worked
intensively on Human Development Reports and provided training in areas of Human
Development Index to key officials of district administration.
Currently she is a faculty member at Rashtriya Raksha University with School of Criminology and Behavioural Science. Along with teaching she is Facilitator cum Moderator for Training and Executive Development Programmes under Dean, FSFRM. Her research focuses on sustainable development goals and women empowerment. Gender is a topic of special research interest given that women face persistent barriers in economic advancement. She has also published and presented papers in several national and international forums.
Dr. Dighe teaches the core course/paper on Social Science at RRU
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), 2017, Calorx Teachers University, Ahmedabad
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Social Management (Secured First Rank at University level),2015, Center for Studies in Social Management, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Social Management,2013, Center for Studies in Social Management, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development (DWED), 2013 , Indira Gandhi National Open University, Ahmedabad
- Assistant Professor (2019-till now), School of Criminology and Behavioural Science, Rashtriya Raksha University Government of India
- Senior Project Associate cum Consultant(2017-2019), Gujarat Social Infrastructure Development Society (GSIDS), General Administration Department (GAD) Planning, Government of Gujarat.
- Senior Project Associate (2016-2017), Gujarat Social Infrastructure Development Society (GSIDS), General Administration Department (GAD) Planning, Government of Gujarat.
- Project Assistant (June 2015- August 2015), Gujarat Environment Management Institute (GEMI), An Autonomous Institute by Government of Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- A merit holder in University.
- Qualified Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor in Sociology in November 2017 conducted by The M.S. University of Baroda (GSET Agency for Gujarat).
- Advisory board member in International Journal- Indian Journal for Social Studies and Humanities.
- Addressing Domestic Violence against Women: A comparative analysis of National strategies of Four South Asian countries presented in the International Conference on Gender Equity: Challenges and Opportunities, Sardar Patel University Surat, Gujarat, November 25-27,2020.
- Localizing the Sustainable Development Goals: A study of Gujarat presented at International Conference on Green Justice: Contemporary Challenges of Environment and Sustainable Development at Gujarat Law Society, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, February 29-March 1, 2020.
- Human Development status of tribes of Gujarat: A Case study of the Dang District presented in the International Conference on Social Work, Law and Human Rights organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, February 1-2, 2020.
- “An Anthropological study of Relegion: Modernization of society through Secularization” presented in the International Conference on Towards Interreligious Understanding and Global Peace at Banaras Hindu University. Conference jointly organized by Banaras Hindu University and United Religions initiative, USA. Banaras, Uttar Pradesh, November 22-24,2019.
- “Researching Gender and Power: A critical Review of Contemporary issues” presented in the International Conference on The Journey of Indian Languages Perspectives on Culture and Society at Dr. BabaSaheb Ambedkar Open University. Conference organized jointly by Dr. BabaSaheb Ambedkar Open University and Indira Gandhi National Open University, Ahemdabad, Gujarat, October14-15, 2017.
- “Deepening Democracy and Local governance in Kerala: Issues and Challenges” presented in the International conference on Deepening Democracy at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, January19-21, 2014.
- “Rural marketing practices and strategies” presented in the “International Conference on Challenges for Industrial Survival & Growth in Indian & Global Perspective” at Pacific University campus. Conference organized by Pacific University, Udaipur, Rajasthan, February 20-23, 2013.
- “Shifting Inequalities? Role of Democratic Decentralization in political inclusion of women in India” presented in the International Conference on Decentralization, Poverty and Marginalization at Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA), Thrissur, Kerala, November 19-22, 2016.
- “The Progress of Millennium Development Goals in Gujarat” presented in the International seminar on “Contemporary Issues in Development” by Vishleshan Trust at Veer Narmad South Gujarat University and International Institute of Development studies, Surat, Gujarat, and 11th December, 2016.
- Human Rights and Human Dignity” presented in the National Conference on “Human Rights in India: Dalit, Tribal and Minorities” at Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, conference jointly organized by Central University of Gujarat and ICSSR(Indian Council for Social Science Research).
- “Media ethics in Contemporary Society “presented in the Students Research Seminar at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, April 26-27, 2013.
- “Right to Information Act, 2005- Catalyst towards Social Change and development.” Presented in the two days National seminar at Chouhan College of Education, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, October 3-4, 2015.
- “Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan; A Critical Analysis of its Tangible and Intangible Impact” Presented in National Conference at S.S.P Jain Arts and Commerce College, Dhranagadhra, Surendranagar, 10th January, 2016.
- “Women Empowerment through educational paradigm” Presented in National Conference in National Youth Summit, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, 28th January,2016.
- “Understanding Human Development” Presented in National Seminar on Human Development: Issues and Challenges in India at Sardar Patel University, G.H Patel Postgraduate Institute of Business Management, Anand, Gujarat, 21st January, 2017.
Chapter in Edited book
- Dighe, P.S. (2020). Empowerment of Elderely women in India: An Analysis. In problems of Elderely People, Dr. Shekh Belal Ahmad, Mahi Publishers, Ahmedabad, ISBN: 978-81-949392-6-9
- “A status paper on Gender Equality: Approach towards Human Development” In Sustainable Development in India: Emerging scenarios and concerns, Pranjali S. Dighe,( Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd:2019).
- “Gender Inclusive Higher Education in India?” In Fault Line in Higher Education System, Pranjali S. Dighe and Sunny Wadhwaniya,( Studera Press: New Delhi: 2017).
- “Human Development status of Tribes of Gujarat: A case study of the Dang District”, Pranjali S. Dighe and Navneeta Majumder, A Global Journal of Social Sciences, Grand Acedamic Portal, pp. 26-35
- “The Progress of the Millennium Development Goals in Gujarat”, Pranjali S. Dighe and Jayesh Narola, Himalayan Journal of Contemporary Research,(Himachal Pradesh University,2017),pp. 1840-1850.
- “Strengthening Women through Political Participation”, Pranjali S. Dighe, Education Plus,(APH Publishing Corporation,2017), pp. 201-205.
- “Women Empowerment: An Investigational perspective”,Pranjali S. Dighe, Cognitive Discourses, (NAS Publications,2017),pp. 17-22.
- “A multidimensional beacon towards Empowerment: A retrospect”, Pranjali S. Dighe, Journal of Social science,(Institute of Public Enterprise,2016)pp. 1-6.
- “Comparing the second sex: Is it a lead towards empowerment?”, Pranjali S. Dighe, Himalayan journal of Contemporary research,(Himachal Pradesh University,2016),pp. 1466-1471.
- “Education: A tool for Empowerment of women”, Pranjali S. Dighe, Journal of governance and public policy, (Institute of Public Enterprise,2016),pp.40-46.
- “Emancipation of Rural women of Gujarat state through political, economic and Physical aspects of Empowerment.”, Pranjali S. Dighe, Indian stream Research Journal,(Laxmi Publication,2016),pp. 73-83.
- “Empowerment of women in North Eastern state: Assam”, Pranjali S. Dighe, Indian Journal of Social Development,(Serials Publication,2016),pp. 65-75.
- “Determining the role of NRHM in revitalizing the strengthening of Health care system in India”, Sunny Wadhwaniya and Pranjali S. Dighe, Indian streams Research Journal,(NAS Publication,2014),pp. 1-13.
- “Human resource for health in India: Management and Retrospect”, Pranjali S. Dighe and Sunny Wadhwaniya, Innovative thoughts, Indian Research Journal,( NAS Publication,2014),pp. 20-26.
- “Women empowerment and local governance: A case study of Sanand region in Ahmedabad District of Gujarat”, Sunny Wadhwaniya and Pranjali S. Dighe, Journal of Governance and Public policy,( Institute of Public Enterprise,2014),pp.68-81.
- “Media and Ethical disconnect in India”, Sunny Wadhwaniya and Pranjali S. Dighe,Global Media Journal,(Allama Iqbal Open University,2013),pp. 1-16.
- “The unheard voices: Empowerment of women through participating socially, economically and politically”, Pranjali S. Dighe, Man and Society- A journal of ICSSR,(Indian Council of Social Science Research,2013),pp. 93-102.
- Individual Life Member of Grand Academic Portal
- Guidance provided towards subjects related to Social Science to UG level students and PG level students on various topics of Social Science